- [S17] Unknown compiler, compiler, "Hand Drawn family tree from Family Bible in possession of David Lawrence Wood."; Ancestral File unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as "Family Tree of Geo & Lucy Wood."
- [S20] Obit, Turner, Char. W. 1873., Obituary - Turner, Charlotte W. 1873, unknown location, 1873. Hereinafter cited as Obituary - Turner, Charlotte W. 1873.
- [S30] Unknown compiler, Census, 29 June 1860, Hammersville, Clark Township, Brown County, Ohio. (n.p.: n.pub.), Year: 1860; Census Place: Clark, Brown, Ohio; Roll: M653_939; Page: 347; Image: 305; Family History Library Film: 80393. Hereinafter cited as Census, US, 1860, OH, Brown Co.
- [S46] Interview with Carol Jean Wood (Sarasota Florida), by Walter Wood, 1997. Unknown repository (unknown repository address).
- [S50] Unknown article title, Clermont Sun, unknown location. Hereinafter cited as Clermont Sun.
- [S52] Beech Forest DAR, Monumnet Inscriptions prior to 1900 from Clermont County Ohio Copied by Beech Forest Chapter, D.A.R., Qilliamsburg, Ohio (n.p.: Beech Forest Chapter, D.A.R., 1952). Hereinafter cited as Clermont Co Monument Insc.
- [S53] Aileen M. Whitt, Clermont County, Ohio, Deaths. 1856 - 1908: An Index (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Clermont Co Deaths.
- [S55] Unknown household, 1850 Federal Census, unknown repository address, unknown repository.
- [S62] Unknown volume, Birth Certificate (Mangen), unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as Birth Certificate (Mangen).
- [S110] Clermont County Genealogical Society, compiler, "Clermont County Genealogical Society"; Ancestral File unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as "Clermont Co Gene. Soc."
- [S113] Unknown author, Estate Records and Deeds, Cumberland Co. Maine (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Estate Rec. Cumberland Co ME.
- [S114] D.A.R., D.A.R. Patriot Index (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as D.A.R. Patriot Index.
- [S122] Hubert Kinney Shaw, Families of the Pilgrims by Hubert Kinney Shaw for Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants (n.p.: Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Famlies of the Pilgrims.
- [S126] Libby & Davis Noyes, Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire, by Noyes, Libby & Davis (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Genealogical Dictionary of Maine.
- [S127] Unknown author, Genealogical Register of Plymouth Families by William T. Davis (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Genealogical Register of Plymouth Families by William T. Davis.
- [S130] Unknown author, History of Clermont County Ohio (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as History of Clermont Co. OH.
- [S132] Unknown author, International Genealogical Index (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as International Genealogical Ind.
- [S187] Unknown compiler, compiler, "Marriage Record"; Ancestral File unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as "Marriage Record."
- [S188] Unknown author, Marriages From the Early Records of Marshfield, Mass. (Mayflower Records) (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Marriages From the Early Records of Marshfield, Mass. (Mayflower Records).
- [S189] Unknown author, Marshfield, Massachusetts Vital Records, First Volume (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Marshfield Vital Records Vol 1.
- [S190] Warren, Mayflower Families In Progress (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Mayflower Families.
- [S195] Unknown author, NEXUS, Dec. 1987 (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as NEXUS, Dec. 1987.
- [S197] Everett S. Stackpole, Old Kittery and Her Families, by Everett S. Stackpole (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Old Kittery and Her Families.
- [S199] Michael Tepper, Passengers to America Edited by Michael Tepper (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Passengers to America.
- [S208] DAR, Soldiers of the American Revolution Buried in the State of Ohio (n.p.: D.A.R., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as DAR Burial Records Ohio.
- [S210] Unknown author, Soldiers, Sailors, and Patriots of the Revolutionary War from Maine (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Soldiers, Sailors, and Patriots of the Revolutionary War from Maine.
- [S215] Unknown author, The Great Migration Begins, Immigrants to New England, 1620 - 1633 (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Great Migration Begins.
- [S232] Rev. Charles N. Sennett, Thompson Genealogy (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Thompson Genealogy.
- [S239] Unknown author, Vital Records of North Yarmouth, Maine to the Year 1850 (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date). Hereinafter cited as Vital Records of North Yarmouth, Maine.
- [S242] Unknown compiler, online unknown url, unknown author (unknown location).
- [S244] Unknown compiler, online unknown url, unknown author (unknown location).
- [S417] Unknown subject, World Family Tree Vol. 4, Ed. 1, Tree #3511
, CD-ROM (n.p.: Brøderbund, 5 March 1897), Tree # 3511. Hereinafter cited as World Family Tree Vol 4 Ed 1.
- [S418] Unknown volume, One source says August 6, 1686, Kittery
, unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S430] Unknown compiler, compiler, "Ralph, Jack W. Web Page"; Ancestral File (2002), unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as "Ralph, Jack W. Web Page."
- [S437] Letter from Email 5 Feb 2003 Hermon Fagley (unknown author address) to Walter Wood, 5 Feb 2003; unknown repository (unknown repository address). From: HERMON B FAGLEY [e-mail address]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 3:02 PM
To: e-mail address
Subject: [OHCLER] Re: [NewCastle]Mary Wynne m 1729 Noah Abrahams.
Son Enoch Abrahams settled ,1778,at Smithfield,Fayette Co,Pa. Wife was Jane Hamilton. And,of their several children,several were very early in my sw Clermont Co,Ohio .Jane Abrahams, m 1st Alexander Buchanan's son,and then Absalom Wood, crossed from Buchanan's Fort near Germantown, Bracken Co,Ky in 1795. Yes,you on DECASTLE-L Bracken AS MARRIED BALL.
Florence Abrahams m Lemuel Stephenson, and mine was Maragret m David Brown proven by DNA not akin to Thomas and Mary Ball Brown.
I'm forgetting one,but old John Abrahams,with his store,and his 1000
acress, after his 1st wife died-she was Levi Wells dau. Old John,in his early 70;s and
with 1000 acres,married a teenager,and had 2-3 kids. Barkley girl.
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:40:32 -0500 Debbie <e-mail address> writes:
A Child of David Davies, skinner, 2 Mo. 2, 1744.
Sarah Wynne, widow to Jonathan Wynne, 2 d Mo. 27, 1744.
maiden name was Sarah Greaves. Her children were, Thomas, John,
Jonathan, Hannah, Mary, Sidney, Martha, Elizabeth, James.
Thomas married Mary Warner and remained on the plantation,
"Wynnstay", in Blockley.
John settled in Germantown and married Ann Pastorius.
Jonathan settled in East Nantmeal township, Chester Co.
James died young.
Mary married Nov. 28, 1729, Noah Abraham of Upper Merion.
Martha married Aug. 30, 1741, James Kite, son of Abraham
8, 30, 1741. James Keite, son of Abraham of Blockley, and Martha
of the same place, spinster, at Merion Meeting House. Wit:
Mary, Isaac, Thomas, John and Joseph Kite; Sarah, Thomas, John, Ann,
Lydia and Sarah Wynne.
Mary Winne and Noah Abraham, married 9 Mo. 28, 1729.
is recorded at the First Prebysterian Church, Philadelphia.
Sidney Wynne married Samuel Graves, 4 Mo. 1, 1732. Also
recorded at First Presbyterian Church.
Elizabeth Wynn married Ralph Lewis, 7 Mo. 2, 1737. Recorded
First Presbyterian Church.
Ellen Jones, wife to Robert. Jones, Merion, 5 th Mo. 8,
She was a sister of David Jones of Blockley, and "adventurer" on
Her husband, Robert Jones, was a son of John ap Thomas.
and Ellen Jones had a daughter Elizabeth, who married Daniel
son of Thomas Lawrence and Sarah William, his wife (daughter of
The property of this Jones family extended from Crow Hill to
Schuylkill river opposite West Manayunk. Part of the original tract
still in possession of their descendants. Several homesteads are
standing. The log cabin occupied by Katharine, widow of John ap
stood until recent years on the road leading to Manayunk Bridge,
11, 3, 1693. Robert Jones of Merion, batchelor, and Ellin
of the same twp., spinster, at Katharin Robert's house. Wit:
John, Ellen, Catharine and Ann Jones; Griffith John; Edward Price.
2, 8, 1748. Daniel Lawrence, son of Thomas of Haverford,
Elizabeth Jones, dau. of Robert of Merion, dec'd, at Merion Meeting
House. Wit: Thomas, Sarah, David, William, Sarah, Jane and Margaret
Lawrence; Gerrard, Robert and Margaret Jones.
Anne Peters, sister to Mary Warner on the Road, 5 Mo. 15,
1744. * (*Crossed out apparently by the author "She was the
Thomas and Elizabeth Peters.")
"The Road" was the Old Lancaster Avenue, West Phila. The
homestead stood at Forty-Fifth Street and Westminister Avenue, until
The will of Thomas Peters, Sr. was signed December 22,
Proved in Philadelphia, Feb. 1, 1723-4. Mentions his wife Alice.
Brother Rees Peter's eldest son Thomas. His own children, Thomas,
Benjamin, Rees, Mary, William, Margaret, Elizabeth and an unborn
Witnesses, Richard Preston, Rice Peters, Jr., James Burn.
Reese Peters and Ann Brooksby 5 Mo. 27, 1711.
Reese Peters and Elizabeth Clark, 1 Mo. 29, 1728. These
marriages recorded at the Philadelphia Meeting of Friends.
The will of Rees Peters, of Abington township, Phila. Co. is
recorded in Philadelphia. Rees Peters, cordwainer. Mentions wife
Margaret. Cousins, Benjamin, Thomas and Rees Peters, Mary Kite.
law, John Roberts. Leaves a bequest to the poor of Friends'
Executrix, Margaret Peters. Signed Feb. 26, 1726-7. Witnesses,
Morris, Daniel Thomas, John Meredith. Proved March 15, 1726.
Sarah, the wife of Jonathan Humphreys, 7 Mo. 23, 1744.
Humphreys was the son of Daniel Humphreys and Hannah Wynne, his
Jonathan was born 7 Mo. 9, 1698.
William Armstrong died at David Evans, 8 Mo. 1, 1744.
Edward Warner, son of John Warner, 9 Mo. 11, 1744.
Jacob Miller's Child, buried 11, Mo. 30, 1744-5.
Eleanor Bevan, wife of Evan Bevan and sister of John Wood of
Darby, died at Merion, 11 Mo. 28, 1744. Buried 11 Mo. 30, 1744.
was an aged preacher among Friends.
Evan Bevan, batchelor, of Haverford, to Elinor Wood of
Darby, 11 Mo. 9, 1693. witnesses, John, John, Jr., and Ann and
Bevan; George and John Wood.
The name of Eleanor Bevan appears on the List of Taxables,
The name of John Wood appears on the List of Taxables for
The names of Richard Bevan, T. Bevan, John Bevan and Charles
Bevan appear on Holme's Map, 1681-3.
The children of Evan and Eleanor Bevan were; John (b. 1694
was heir to Treverigg, in Glamorganshire to which place he removed,
there died, leaving descendants); Barbara (b. 1696); Evan (b.
Aubrey; Charles; Ann; Catharine; Jane (b. 1707-8).
Evan Bevan (b. 1698), died in Philadelphia, 1746. Letters
administration on his estate were granted to his widow, Mary Bevan.
Among his children were Charles (d. 1800); Evan (d. in Phila.
Charles, of Phila. and Merion, married and had Charles, a
and orphan in 1800. Also, a dau. Ann, (who m. Philip schreiber, or
Shriver, July 1, 1790.) Charles (m. in 1801, or 1802, while a
Mary Lippincott of N.J. ( who m. 2 d. Osmon Henvis, of Lower
Charles and Mary had two sons, John L. Bevan; and Henry Clay Bevan
Jan 9, 1834, Emily Horn.)
* The following several paragraphs were crossed out
by the author.
Evan Harry of the Welch Tract (Merion) died 1744. Buried at
David's. Estate administered in Philadelphia, 1744.
The name of Evan Harry is on the List of Taxables 1734.
Harry of Merion and Katharine David, widow, of Merion, at public
house at Merion, 3 Mo. 11, 1697. Wit" John, Evan and Robert
John, John, Jr., and Evan Bevan.
Letters of Administration were granted to Ann Harry, widow,
Evan Harry, yeoman, both of Merion, Aug. ss, 1744.
Evan Henry, on List 1693
The will of Ann Harry, Merion, was signed Aug. 23, 1758 -
Oct. 21, 1758. She mentions her cousin Jane Warner. Wit: James
Ed Humphreys, Joseph Bonsall.
10, 12, 1727. Rees Harry, son of David Harry of Plymouth,
Phila. Co. yeoman, and Mary Price, dau. of Rees Price of Haverford,
yeoman, at Haverford Meeting. Wit: David, Lydia and Mary Harry;
Edward, Margt. and Isaac Price.
3, 7, 1724. Samuel Harry of Radnor, yeoman - and Elizabeth
Thomas dau. Rees Thomas, at Radnor Meeting. Wit: David Lydia,
and Mary Harry; Rees, Martha, William and Rees, Jr. Thomas.
3, 12, 1724. Wm. Thomas of Merion, yeoman and Elizabeth
dau. of David of Radnor, spinster, at Radnor Meeting. Wit: Rees,
Martha, Rees, Jr., Herbert, Richard, Wm., David, John, and Mary
David, Lydia, Samuel, Mary, Eliz., Rees and David Harry.
Evan Harry, "Old Rights", 8 Mo. 2, 1685; also 12 Mo. 18,
Also John Harry, 8 Mo. 16, 1716.
* The above 4 paragraphs noted "Another family" apparently
3, 5, 1701. Joseph Evans, of Radnor, Chester Co.,
Gwenllian Harry of the same place, at Radnor Meeting House. Wit:
David, Dalilah, Mary and Alice Evans; David, David (2), Lydia and
3, 31, 1716. David Davies, son of Morgan, yeoman, dec'd,
of Merion, and Sarah Dickinson, dau. of Wm. of Plymouth, yeoman,
at Plymouth Meeting House. Wit: Wm., Jonathan, Joshua and Ruth
Dickinson; Margaret Davies; Catharine and Evan Harry.
7, 28, 1727. Rees Philip of Burlington Co. and Mary George
Radnor, at Radnor Meeting. Wit: Rees Thomas; David Harry;
Ormes; Jacob Jenkins.
The will of Evan Harry, Merion was signed July 2, 1748.
in Phila. Sept. 17, 1748. Mentions his mother Anne. Leaves a
to St. David's Church, Radnor. Trustees, John Cuthbert, John
Witnesses, Evan Rees, Thomas Jones, Joseph Williams.
- [S444] Kim Browning, compiler, "Email Kim Browning 020712"; Ancestral File (12 Jul 2002), unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as "Email Kim Browning 020712."
- [S445] Millie Emmit, compiler, "EMail Millie Emmitt 030320"; Ancestral File (20 Mar 2003), unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as "EMail Millie Emmitt 030320."
- [S510] Mrs Nina M. Mitchell, Augusta Chronicle, Augusta Georgia, 06 Jan 2007. Hereinafter cited as Mrs Nina M. Mitchell.
- [S530] Brenda Miller Gross, "Email from Brenda Miller Gross: Richard Warren descendant 10/29/2010," e-mail message to unknown recipient, Fri 10/29/2010 11:16 AM.
- [S771] Obituary - Newman, William H 1955-2014, Obituary - Newman, William H 1955-2014, Shelbyville, TN, 6 Feb 2014. Hereinafter cited as Shelbyvile TImes Gazette.
- [S776] Unknown author, Find A Grave (findagrave.com: n.pub.).
- [S796] Robt Wakefield Mayflower Families Through Five Generations Vol 18, Part 1 3rd Edition, Family of Richard Warren, Vol. 18 Part 1 (n.p.: General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 2004). Hereinafter cited as Mayflower Familes Vol 18.
- [S797] Birth Records entry, Civil (1920-1988), unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S798] Marriage Records, Maine, 1713-1937 Ancestry.com, unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as Marriage Records, Maine, 1713-1937 Ancestry.com.
- [S799] Elisha BAKER, 1790 Federal Census, unknown repository address, unknown repository.
- [S801] DAR, compiler, Official Roster of the Soldiers of the American Revolution Burried in the State of Ohio, 1341 pages (F J Heer Printing Co. Coumbus Ohio: DAR, 1929). Hereinafter cited as Official Roster of Rev War Soildier Buried in Ohio.
- [S823] Phebe WOODS, 12 aub 1850 Federal Census, unknown repository address, unknown repository Year: 1850; Census Place: Williamsburg, Clermont, Ohio; Roll: M432_667; Page: 330B; Image: 99.
- [S904] Laura Bassett DOWLING, State Death Certificate 20189 (2 July 1960), unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as Death Certificate NC- DOWLING, Laura Bassett, 1960.
- [S916] Margaret Cheeley, Obituary - CHEELY, Margaret McDaniel 2016, Augusta Chronicle, 5 Jan 2016, http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/augustachronicle/…
- [S917] Nina McDaniel MITCHELL, unknown file number, SSDI - Mitchell, Nina McDaniel 1919-2007, unknown series (n.p.: SSDI). SSDI
Name: Nina McDaniel Mitchell
Last Residence: 29841 North Augusta, Aiken, South Carolina
BORN: 30 Sep 1919
Died: 3 Jan 2007
State (Year) SSN issued: South Carolina (1951-1952). Hereinafter cited as SSDI - Mitchell, Nina McDaniel 1919-2007.